Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Unexpected Today in Brooklyn: An Oasis

A Brooklyn Writer Finds Respite in Prospect Park

by Norma Jaeger Hopcraft


I work in Manhattan and live in Brooklyn. 

That means my eyes, my soul, are hungry for trees, space, wildness. 

Well, Prospect Park is heavily trafficked. The only wildness in Brooklyn is in the people. Especially on a Saturday night. Everyone's on their way to a party, it seems.

Mother Nature is throwing a party for my eyes in Prospect Park today.



Spring green. 'Nuff said.





2 comments:

  1. Nice to know. Daughter moved to Manhattan last ocOctob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting for her! She'll soon discover the many pocket parks -- and Central Park, much bigger, more space to take a deep breath in. And she's welcome to come to my neighborhood, near Prospect Park, any time!

      Delete