Monday, July 3, 2023

For Fun, Try a Photo Walk!

I'm in JFK, on my way to Paris -- photos from France up next!

But first:

I went on a photo walk last Saturday, led by a film company named Cinestill that refinishes Kodak film for movies. They lead photowalks all over the world. They took us -- us being at least 75 photographers, with cameras strapped all around them (I, however, had an iPhone and was fully adopted into the family) -- on a windy path through the annual Rochester International Jazz Festival to a secret neighborhood I didn't know existed until that day. Then to the Genesee River and back into town.

Here are my photos from that day.



You're getting a picture of a classic car simply because I love classic cars.

Isn't this a handsome building? It's across from Ugly Duck Coffee Shop, for those of you who live in Rochester.


Lots of patterns in this photo!

Here's the first house in the secret neighborhood.


I love the purple!




I'm a sucker for May Apples and shady gardens.

Another house in the secret neighborhood.


A shady garden


I call this photo "No Privacy" because I probably shouldn't have taken it.


More from the secret neighborhood (whose name I don't know)



Here's a fellow photo walker fiddling with his gear.


A bit impudent of him


A photowalker NOT in comfortable shoes


I love messy buns.


More tats


Another handsome downtown building


A fellow photographer


Looks like a church, right?


It has no roof


Inside it's going wild


Tree growing out the window. This is the old St. Joseph's. The roof and interior were destroyed in a fire in the 1980s.

A bridge over the Genesee, downtown, reflecting in the water.


Another bridge over the Genesee


Photo is even more successful as a black and white.





A man we're proud to claim as a Rochesterian


Reminds me of the Grace Building in NYC.



Three years in, I've come to call Rochester home.


A fantastic drummer at the jazz festival.


A tree in my Park Ave. neighborhood


Korean dogwood in black and white.


The fragrance garden behind the Science Center.

If you have any comments, feedback, insights to share, please use the comment box at the bottom of this post. I'd love to hear from you! 

 

4 comments:

  1. happy to see your photos + wishing you well on your trip, norma!
    warmly,
    tara schaubert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I just saw your comment today. So sorry not to have seen it sooner. I hope you and yours are very well. Are you still in Brooklyn?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Norma. Looking forward to more stories about your adventures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! I hope to have a new batch of photos up in the next few days. I'm in the French countryside now, near Grenoble. Heat is intense -- it is reaching 100 F five days in a row.

    ReplyDelete