Sunday, January 7, 2024

Beauty in this World: Sunrise at Mont St. Michel, Normandy

By Norma Hopcraft

Welcome to my blog, The Traveling Writer. I have great stuff for you! For the latest, sign up for my newsletter, The Traveling Writer, in the upper right corner.

Today I'm featuring a time-lapse video of sunrise over the 1,000-year-old abbey on Mont St. Michel. It was made this summer by a young man I met on the mount who generously shared his video. I'll get his name if I can.

With so much difficult news in the world these days, please take a moment to witness some of the beauty, some of the good things that this world still offers.

For more beauty, adventure and creativity, sign up for my newsletter, The Traveling Writer, to the right.




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and awe-inspiring video, thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm so happy that you enjoyed the video! It was a beautiful serendipity to meet the young man who took it. He was generous to share it too. Serendipities all along the line!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Ms Hopcraft. I am so happy that you are writing your blog again. I have missed reading it so much.
    What a beautiful video and thank you for sharing. It’s wonderful that we can still meet people that we can connect with. Looking forward to reading more of your wonderful and inspiring stories. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jacqui! All the best in the New Year! Thank you for checking in. I'm so encouraged by what you said in this comment. My plan is to provide more beauty, adventure and creativity in upcoming posts. I'm back at it! So good to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. Barb Phimister, Cambria CAApril 3, 2024 at 9:09 AM

    Good morning! I love to travel, but have never been to France. After I turn 62, in June 2025, I’ll finally be able to afford to travel abroad and am looking so forward to touring foreign cities and learn about their history, culture and appreciate their architecture .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you the best in retirement! I retired last May and I am busier than ever -- with the things I enjoy! Where do you plan to go first?

      Delete