Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chambersburg, PA, American Dreams

American Dreams in Indie Coffee Shops in Unexpected Places

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

As I headed home from Athens, Ohio, by way of Cumberland, Maryland, I passed a sign for the Gettysburg battlefield. I was eager to get home, and the sign said "30 miles" which meant at least 30 minutes of driving, and I decided not to go there. 

As I drove, I regretted the decision. I might never pass that way again. So when I saw a sign for "Chambersburg, 2 miles," I took the off ramp and went on another American Dream adventure.




An indie coffee shop! Any town with one of these rates highly in my book.


Here's the interior, complete with local people.

Have a cup of coffee, sit down, and dream...


An exceptional Chambersburg door.

Falling Spring Church, founded in 1734. This building was built in 1803. The early churchgoers had big dreams of prosperity that many of us have scaled back on in today's economy. How about you? Have you scaled back on your American Dream? Comment below. And sign up to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment