Thursday, June 28, 2012

American Dream: An Inexpensive Hotel in a Gorgeous Spot

One of my fans wanted more pics of the Monteverde Inn.  I highly recommend it (http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/maps/monteverde.htm#monteverde-inn).  

It was difficult to find at night, because our GPS didn't have the inn in its database (it kept sending us to the Monteverde Lodge, unfortunately).  I nearly had a meltdown, I was so tired from driving all evening on unpaved roads.

But our  travails to find it--driving down rocky, one-lane roads at night in the cloud forest--were worth it.  The inn had a tremendous view of the Gulf and Peninsula of Nicoya (see previous post).  One of the best things about it was the manager, Anthony, a cheerful, helpful host.


Anthony outside the office, which had internet access.

The building our rooms were in.  We were on the edge of a cloud forest (see previous post with me in the center of a fig tree, and a tree covered with epiphytes).


Anthony helping my son with his iPhone.

Outside the breakfast room, a strange creature lurked.  We never were quite sure what it's name was.  It seemed related to raccoons.  


No comments:

Post a Comment