Thursday, March 29, 2018

Prospect Park: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft


I seek ease for my eyes in Prospect Park almost daily. After the harsh brick, six-story apartment buildings crowding around me, hard sidewalks, asphalt roads that mostly go as straight as rulers--I need to see a curving path in a park. I need to see trees.

Brooklyn Writer's American Dream



Brooklyn Writer's American Dream

Brooklyn Writer's American Dream

Now I'll take you to Park Slope, on the opposite side of Prospect Park from me. It has a lovely public library.

Brooklyn Writer's American Dream


Brooklyn Writer's American Dream

Brooklyn Writer's American Dream

Brooklyn Writer's American Dream
I spent a productive Saturday here, getting lots of writing done. Tons of kids, a traffic jam of strollers in the lobby, babies making their presence heard. A delightful place. How about you? Do you like to sit in libraries? What do you like to do there, read books? newspapers? magazines? Watch people? Comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment