Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas, from Fra Angelico

A Writer's American Dream: To Enjoy Fra Angelico in Chateau de Chantilly in Chantilly, France

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft


Actually, living in France on a creative writing sabbatical was not my dream. It was beyond my wildest dreams. My Higher Power, whose birth is being celebrated at Christmas, made it possible, and I leapt at the chance. He provided the twists and turns of circumstances in my life, presented the opportunity, and I did the leg work to make it happen. We're a team!

With teamwork, I wrote a novel while in Paris! Check out 3 chapters on Amazon by clicking on the cover, to the right.

Not only did I get to live with a family in Paris, I got to travel around a bit. I went to Chateau de Chantilly to see the equestrian show (I'd never seen one before -- it was fabulous) and to see the Fra Angelico exhibit. 

Some of these pictures are also in Le Louvre in Paris.

Fra Angelico is my favorite painter. Look at how each face is finely nuanced and different from all the others. There's a sweetness in his artistic vision that slays me.







The rest of these are by a Florentine artist named de Gozzoli. 






No comments:

Post a Comment