Thursday, December 21, 2017

An American Writer Dreaming of Paris

An American Writer's Dream: Paris--and I Lived It!

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft


I recently had a creative writing sabbatical year in Paris. And I wrote like crazy, in any library that would let me in for free. There's 70 libraries in Paris, and tons of cafes (though I couldn't afford to go to them more than once a month, alas). I got lots of writing done! In fact, the novel to the right is the fruit of my sabbatical. Enjoy!



 
When I wasn't writing, I was walking and gathering inspiration.

This is the Museum of the Middle Ages, in a medieval building that's attached to the ruins of a Roman bath. We're talking old! And inspiring!

Spiral staircase inside one of the towers, above.

A cafĂ© like the one where my book is set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment