Thursday, March 3, 2016

American Dream: Not to Shovel Snow (expected again this weekend)

American Dream: aren't you glad you didn't dream of owning a car in Brooklyn?

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

The day of the big blizzard, January 23, was mystical/magical in its intensity. When I walked to my favorite Brooklyn cafe at 7 a.m., I saw that I was in the city because there were already footprints in the snow, and there wouldn't have been in my hometown in New Jersey.

I watched out the cafe's huge windows as the wind drove the snow sideways. All. Day.

Sunday, the sun came out. Of course. And I took these pictures in Bed-Stuy (that's the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn).

Say, if you like my blog, would you sign up to follow it? Thanks!

And RT the Tweet that brought you here. Thanks so much!


Window ledges, and the famous stoops of Brooklyn, all capped with snow.



That's a car, with just a bit of its window showing, buried under fallen snow and plowed snow.

The mounds were higher than the SUVs.

Have fun digging out!

Another mystery car.

The white snow sets off the soft colors of the brownstones.

These brownstones really are brown. And that car really was stuck.
How about you? Looking forward to snow this weekend? Did your car look like this after the blizzard of 2016? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment