Monday, June 15, 2015

Dreams in Old Mystic, CT: Wooden Boats Part II

American Dream: To Wander into a Mysterious Place

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

Here's that mysterious boatyard again, a place that I found just by making the effort to get out for a walk while I lived in Mystic, CT. To recap: this boatyard is dedicated to rebuilding wooden boats. 



Here are the two main buildings. As I said in my last post, I especially like the writing room at the top of the tower. I also approve of the second-floor porch.

I took a look inside one of the windows. A chair fit for Morticia Addams!

The place seemed deserted, but when I peered in this window, I saw a complete pantry.

Here's one of the wooden boats, which might someday get worked on.

Another sleek hull, up on chocks.

See the sign, "Uncle's Annex"? I'd like to be an uncle so I could live there :) How about you? Have you stumbled upon a mysterious place? Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment