Wednesday, March 18, 2015

American Dreams: Gaining Inspiration from Time in the Wild

American Dreams: Alone in the Vast Expanse

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

I'll take you into the Great Swamp again, covering new territory today, the Orange Trail. This is about as wild and untamed as it gets in New Jersey.


These are autumn pictures, but that's okay, it doesn't look too much different right now.

I'm leaving my imprint on nature (my shadow).

See the path through the center? It's nearly lost in the undergrowth. This is not a well known place.

That's the path, low in the center. Will I make it back to civilization?

The path, through the middle again. It's just a smudge...

Evidence of Superstorm Sandy: mature trees snapped like twigs.


They almost made it into a fourth airport for New York City in the 1960s. How about you? Do you have a county, state, or national park near you? Do you find solace in it?  Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment