Wednesday, February 4, 2015

American Dream: Street Artists Who Paint Murals in New London, CT

Counterculture Street Art

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

Help me out by following my blog?  Thanks!

These murals are just a fraction of what you can see in New London, CT, a former whaling capital, now facing hard times.

But the art is cheery. 



Racing horses, on land and sea. I like the choice of theme.

Funky musicians.

Spindrift Guitars, a huge guitar store in New London.

This is just one of many windows full of guitars.

Caruso's is right across the street. 

More musicians.

An underwater scene, appropriate for New London, a seaport.

The murals are everywhere.

A mermaid, a bit like the Starbuck's logo, but…not really.

How about you? Would you like to see more of New London. Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful murals! I just may be tempted to come see for myself - but not until the weather warms up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Faustina! Can you believe I'm still working on the bus journey story that started with my trip to Savannah! Yikes, writing takes so much time! How is your writing coming along?

      Delete