Friday, April 4, 2014

A Fashion Designers American Dream

American Dreams of Glitz

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

I want to show you a fabulous place. Guess where?


Sixth Avenue, NYC,  of course! 

Pleated ribbon, buckles, buttons, spikes, nailheads, crystals, chains -- everything you might need to decorate your clothes -- or your home!

Another shot through the window -- everything a bride might need to dress up her dress or her hair.

…and more for brides (there's black spikes in the display, too, so don't hug her too hard).

…and more for brides. Wait! There's other fab stuff...

Need a button?

This is just part of the silver button department.

Then there's ribbons…thousands, needless to say.

This is just a small section of the tasseled trims.


This is just part of the cream / beige / gold section. See? I caught a person on camera! But she was heading away from me so she couldn't rip my camera out of my hand and stomp on it for taking her picture. I hate asking -- then people are on their guard.


Furry pompoms...


Lace trim...

A close-up of the previous shot. Can you believe the variety?

Attach crystals to your clothes, or in my case, quilts.

Pick a rhinestone.


Or a nailhead. Remember, be careful of those hugs...

More ways to decorate...

…and more...

You don't have to be a bride to cover yourself with rhinestone appliqués.

M&J is easy -- 37th and 6th, near Penn and Grand Central Stations.

Here's how those glitzy do-dads look on glitzy clothes. Where's my sewing machine! I want to create!

How about you? Do you get creative inspiration from places like M&J? Comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment