Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cumberland, MD - A Whole Other American Dream World

American Dream: A great porch on which to dream American Dreams

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

More pics from Cumberland, MD.

I think the homeowners in this town compete (without admitting it to themselves or anyone else) for the title of "best porch ever."

A front door flanked by a bay window on the right, and an upstairs circular room on the left. I love the half-moon, stained-glass window, center.

This house was quite different -- painted brick. I get a big kick out of tower rooms. I used to have hair like Rapunzel.

I stayed over in Cumberland in a highway motel outside of town. In the morning, I found a diner and saw this line-up. "Deer Assassin," a U.S. Marines keychain, "B&B Meats," and "London, England." What about you? What does your cap say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment