Wednesday, December 4, 2013

American Dream - a Thriving Shop

By Norma Jaeger Hopcraft

American Dream: a Shop in an Historic Downtown

I visited Clinton, NJ in October - the flowers look great, don't they? Downtown Clinton has mostly 19th- and early-20th-century commercial architecture. The shops look so appealing in this great architectural setting.


A paper, pens, ink, cards store. So inviting!

A boutique...

Examples of more commercial architecture downtown.

This fine brick building hosts yet another appealing shop...

I liked this shop so much, I took a picture from another angle!

Notice the false front at the top of this photo -- nothing much behind those fake windows! At the end of this row is the indie coffee shop I explored a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing photos of other towns---these are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CatMom! I enjoy keeping an eye out for a great town to show y'all!

      Delete