Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Hopewell" is another name for the American Dream

"Hopewell" is what we need to do to make our dreams come true. Keep hoping, dreaming, and most of all working at it.

Hopewell, NJ was quite a photographic trip: this is the third of four in a series. There were so many great houses and great shops! I recommend a visit. Support an independently owned coffee shop and stop in at the Boro Bean (see previous post).  



An appealing porch -- I just had to get close and take a picture.

What a house! Glad I don't have to chase dust bunnies through it.

In downtown, I saw this great book store. I bought a used book, Penelope Fitzgerald's "Innocence," for $9, just because I support indy bookstores. 

The owner sat in an easy chair, reading, of course.

An unusual planter outside a tony gallery. Corrugated tin as an accent.

Another artsy planter.

A rocker and child's toys at a nearby antiques store.

Another view of the planter. You can see unusual art through the plate glass window behind it. Is it an interpretation of a giraffe? What's your guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment