Friday, May 17, 2013

A Great Coffee Shop for American Dreaming

I meant to go to Hopewell, NJ for two decades, and I finally just up and did it. I was rewarded by an interesting town crowned by a unique, independently-owned coffee shop. I love Starbucks, and I'm grateful that you can spend $2 and sit and work with their free wifi for eight hours, if you wish, and nobody will ask you to move. But I frequent independent shops whenever I can, because they have a tough time competing against Starbucks and tend to go out of business when Starbucks is near. 

American Dreams get worked on and talked about and encouraged to come true in coffee shops all over the country. Love 'em!

How about you? Do you make a point of patronizing independent coffee shops? How about indy book stores? Comment below.



This is the milk-and-sugar station of the Boro Bean in Hopewell, NJ. At last, something different from Starbucks!

A close-up of the art on the wall of Boro Bean.

A detail, in case you want to know the artist's name.

Here's the owner.

A reading nook at the Boro Bean.

A sign on the front door.

A reading rack.

The unique sign out front.

A dog waits for his master to come out with his coffee. Wouldn't you love to sit on this porch with a cuppa and a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment