Thursday, March 28, 2013

Historic Houses in Mystic, CT - Your Dream? Or Not?

The American Dream of a Special Living Space

These pics have snow in them, so let's use them up quick! I have crocuses blooming and daffodils coming along nicely, how about you?

The thing that most attracts me to the types of houses you'll see below is that the proportions of the rooms tend to be excellent -- very gracious, welcoming, comforting to human beings. At least that's been true of the few historic houses I've been in. Do you find that to be true, in your experience? Do you ever dream, like I do, of striding through an historic home of your own?



This house was built in 1844 by a cabinet maker. I wonder if the corners are perfectly square?

Another lovely.

Five dormers across the second floor -- a roofer's nightmare!

The Episcopal church in Mystic.

I love the writing room at the top!

Another lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment