Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Be Careful Which American Dream You Choose

The American Dream -- In Search of More Stuff

The simplicity in which the BriBri lived their lives was stunning.  A child we saw had one toy -- Elmo on a string that dangled from the palm-thatched rafters.  Do children really need much more than that?  Do we?  I'm surrounded by stuff that I have to take care of.  I want to resist the urge to keep up with friends and relatives and be content with what I have.



As we drove to the BriBri village, we passed just a few yards from a river that forms the boundary line between Costa Rica and Panama.  This is by far the farthest south I've ever been.

On the way home from the BriBri, Jackie took us to a waterfall for a swim.  The water was the perfect temperature.  I got out when some fish started nibbling on me.

2 comments: