Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goodbye to Billings, Montana


I’m sad, leaving Billings to go to Helena tomorrow.  I just got the hang of this town today.  I know where all the wifi hotspots are.

At the same time I’m itchin’ to move on, see something new.  Now I know how those famous scouts, Kit Carson and many others, felt.  Always movin' on.  No wonder the ladies had a problem hanging on to them, keeping them at the hearth.  There is something tremendous about constantly exploring new territory.

Before I say goodbye to Billings, I have some pics of this unique, true West town for you.

There were several horse statues around town.  It was a contest for the artists, like the one featuring donkeys and elephants in Washington, D.C.

Mountain goats are a must in a self-respecting Western town.

This horse is outside the Western Heritage Center.

This is my first time in an American town with only one stoplight.  This is Hardin, Montana.

Kirstie, age 10, on the left and Presley, age 9, on the right, were chillin' at the only skateboard rink in Montana, in Billings.

I see life from a one-handed handstand, and here's somebody doing it with style.

This is Presley, skating on her pants.

Presley and Kirstie, best buds in Billings.

No comments:

Post a Comment